Monday 19 May 2014

Fairy Cake :) & A Catty Tale :(

Morning sweet peeps and I hope that all is well with you today.

It’s another lovely day here in Chester – not sure how long this is going to last though!!

I’ve got a card to share today that I actually made for this month’s Lovely Lili Challenge over at The Ribbon Girl Blog.

BUT I forgot to post it over to Mary in the week before our 10th birthday celebrations – doh!!

But it’s on here now and …..

… here it is.

I used one of our older fairies (oldie but still a goodie) and this one is Cake Glorious Cake.
I love the fact that she comes with her very own sentiment : )

I coloured her with Copics  and I’ve lost the list but I THINK these are what I used -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02
Hair - E30, E31, E33, E35, E39, E50
The rest -  E0000, E30, E43, E47. E49, E50, RV0000, RV00, RV01, RV10, RV34, RV69

The papers are from the Always & Forever 8x8 paper pad .

A pretty bow made from 32m Pale Pink Pure Silk ribbon and topped with one of Mary’s 14mm Acrylic Gems

And there’s a cheeky Cheery Lynn Francesca Border die in there as well.

Some beautimous blooms from The Ribbon Girl 

recycled cotton paper roses
pale pink tulips 
white starburst stamen
 
tiny pink rosebuds

pink / pale pink beaded berries

White Kort & Godt Chrysanth

I also made a flower from a bit of felt and added some branches punched with a MS Branch Punch

 

 

I added some 6mm Pearl White Flat Backs as the challenge was to add pearls.

 

 

So that’s the old card.

I hope you don't think I’m a right old curtain twitcher but something unusual happened here earlier today.

My office at home is upstairs and I look out onto a lane which runs alongside some fields – I cant really help looking out there. The lane also leads to a local cattery and this morning I did notice a red car pull up to where it’s signposted for the cattery but thought no more of it as people use it to turn around quite often.

I wish I had have taken notice now though. 

Some time later, another car pulled up and I looked out because I heard a dog barking.  It was a couple and they seemed to be very interested in something on the floor. It all looked a bit odd and the next thing, the woman picked up a cat carrier and was walking back to her car, followed by the man who was carrying another cat carrier.  Next thing, the lid opened – it was obviously not closed properly, and out flew the most gorgeous cat. It ran in a blind panic across the road and into the wood next to our house. The couple then got into the car with the other carrier and drove up the lane – presumably to the cattery.

They left soon after and I rang the cattery – I know them in there -  to tell them that there was a cat in the wood. They told me that it was one of 3 cats that had just been abandoned in the cat carriers at the end of the lane. Well words just failed me to be honest. Who in their right mind would do that in this heat? One of the carriers was still there and was empty and I’m guessing that the couple who saw them put 2 cats together in another of the carriers. The  carrier that was left had food in it but no water, and it seems that the 2 that were safe had been well cared for and very friendly  - the girls in the cattery told me that.  Whoever left them clearly took care to leave them where they surely would be found but the fact remains that there is one cat out there who is probably terrified and alone.

I cannot bear people who just dump their pets like they are rubbish when they have had enough of them but there is something about this that makes me think that isn't strictly the case here. We have scoured the wood but cannot see the cat, so it is possibly hiding or has completely ran off. I hope we manage to find it before it gets hurt or worse.

So on that rather worrying note, I’m off  to the post office (random I know lol).

I’ll see you tomoz but till then, enjoy the sun and huggiest of hugs to all xx.

 

8 comments:

Tanya said...

This makes me angry :'( I'm the local "crazy cat lady" around here, so if anyone needs cat advice etc, they come to me. So when one of my dad's friends spotted someone throwing a cat out of a MOVING CAR WINDOW, it was me he called. He boxed up the kitten and brought her down to me, she was only a couple of months old I'd say. We thought there was somethng wrong with her as she was shuffling around and hitting into things, but it turns out it was just shock. A few days later, she was outside, and just meowing really loudly for HOURS. We didn't know what was wrong - until all of a sudden, a second kitten hurtled up, and they just stood there meowing at each other and licking each other for hours, they're obviously twins. So anyway, it took us years to tame them, but as I type, I have Scraps sitting on one side of me, and Zero on the other. They love me and my sister, but are still terrified of strangers, especially males. Animal abusers should be burned at the stake IMO. (Rant over).

Lovely card by the way, it's so pretty and I love that image :)

Tanya xx

Dotty Jo said...

Great card hun, but such a sad tale about the cat. What is the matter with people? I share your pain at this selfish and cruel act and hope that the cat will somehow find its way to a new, kinder home, Jo x

Marie-Anne said...

Love the card. The cat story brings tears to my eyes. Can't stand people who act like that with animals. I keep my fingers crossed and hope the third cat will be found soon. Also hope the three of them will find a good and loving new home soon.

Marie-Anne

Sharon said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawny. The the image is so cute and love all the gorgeous layers with the scrummy papers.
Enjoy the est of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawny. I love the cute image and such beautiful detailing too.
I am sad to hear about the abandoned cats, we re homed both our cats from the Cat's Protection and it really upsets me to think people can be so cruel to animals. I hope the missing cat is found soon.
hugs Sue xx

Debra K. said...

Fabulous card Dawny! Love the layout and the flowers.
It's so sad but there are so many people like them that just don't care. I have three indoor cats and wouldn't be without a cat in my life.
My mum adopted a beautiful long-haired ginger cat who was so friendly with everyone. She was removed from her original owners by the RSPCA because when asked to take her to the vets to have her badly matted fur removed the owners decided to do it themselves with a razor blade and cut her so badly she needed the wounds stapling back together and all her fur removed except around her head. She looked like a lion! Mum called her Jenny and she was the most pampered cat ever who loved being brushed daily. She only lived a year as she developed cancer but it was the best year of her life.
I hope the lost cat finds itself a good home somewhere. Debra x

Dorte said...

Gorgeous card ,Dawny adorable image. I love the papers and beautiful detailing too.
Such a sad story you are sharing, whats is the matter with people??
Doete xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous card, I love the pretty pinks and this image is so cute with the matching sentiment.
It makes me so angry that people can be cruel to such beautiful vulnerable animals and I hope the poor thing is found safe and sound!
Rebecca.