Sunday 20 May 2012

Totally NOT My Usual Style But I Do Really Like This :)

Picture 012 copy

Hi there lovely peeps and a very Happy Sunday to all xxx

Today sees a brand new colour challenge over at  The Ribbon Girl Blog and it is ;;;;;

… an absolute cracker - one of my faves in fact.

We used the following pic as a source of inspiration ….

… and isn't it pretty :)

We have 2 fab prizes for you as well. Firstly there is a

from Lili of The Valley,

plus …..

… this beautimous lavender ribbon kit from the Ribbon Girl.

So…

Picture 006 copy copy

.. this is what I did and I think you’ll agree that this is not a bit like my usual style.

But I am always really  envious of the gorgeous cards that people like the lovely Kim Piggott and Debbie Dolphin make, so inspired by them and with a bit of shameless casing of the amazing layout that my LOTV teamie June used on one of her fab cards, plus a bit of kraft card that I got from the NEC and which has been sat on my desk for aaaaages,  I had a bash.  Not quite up to Kim & Debbie’s standards I know, but  I have to say that I really do like this. So perhaps this is a taste of things to come ;)

I used Tilda Catching Stars and coloured her with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E41, E43, E50, E81

The rest – E04, RV0000, RV00, RV35, RV95

The papers are all from Grin n Bear It collection from Nitwits

Picture 009 copy

Ivory Pleated 5/8" Satin Ribbon12mm Cream Picot Cotton Lace and 32mm Cream Fine Vintage Style Straight Edge Flower Lace – gorgeous, and all from The Ribbon Girl :)

And talking of gorgeous, I am still loving these sentiment tags -  Set 24 from Lili of The Valley

Picture 011 copy

More from the same tag set plus a bow made from 25mm Mauve (Old Rose) No 977 Berisford Satin and topped with a button  from the Pearl Button Mixture pack

     Picture 010 copy

Here I used a 30mm Pink Two Tone Mulberry Paper Open Rose,  two Pink Two Tone 15mm Pretty Blossoms and a couple of 25mm Green Rose Leaves – all from The Ribbon Girl of course :). And there’s a couple of leaves punched from kraft card using a Martha Stewart Frond Leaf punch from Simon Says Stamp.

Picture 007 copy

Three Sugar and Spice self adhesive pearls from The Ribbon Girl to finish off ……….

Picture 008 copy

and we’re done!!

And on that note I’m off to finish the hoovering etc  (booooooooring) and then his Lordship has a tennis match this afternoon which means that I get 5 hours to sit and craft – ohh what bliss!!! I don’t even have to do his dinner because he will get that at the tennis club after he has finished the match -  woohoooo!!!! I should really be mopping the floors but  it’s too good an opportunity to pass on -  I can always do the floors later!!!

So I hope that you have a nice afternoon doing whatever you are doing and I’ll catch up with you again soon as soon. Take care and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

19 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

this is stunning Dawny love it another beautiful creation from you as always
Jacki xx

flossbite said...

Stunning card. I'm not a massive fan of Tilda but this is beautiful! And the hoovering and mopping can ALWAYS wait! Lol Hugs Fiona xx

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Dawny! So pretty! I love the lace and the colours, that image is so cute too :) Those tags are adorable, must get me some of those :P Great job!

Tags xx

Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colors and detalis on this card, wow!!
Louise

Ankie vd Polder said...

Ohhh, wowwwww, this is so gorgeous!!! You said it's not your style, but I think you've done a realy great job! Hugs, Ankie

June Nelson said...

Brilliant me darlin, and it payed off!!! far better than mine, love it huggies June xxxxxxxxxxx

Marja Sch said...

Such a wonderful card. I love your new style. Hugs Marja

Mandy said...

Absolutely beautiful Dawny !

xx

Suzanne said...

An absolutely gorgeous card. Love everything about it x

Shazza said...

so beautiful, I love it x

Sue said...

Hi Dawny
wow a totally beautiful card, awesome colouring as always, gorgeous embelies, fab design, sue,x

Hazel said...

Hey Dawny

I think your card is just beautiful - everything about it is brilliant!

Toodle Pip

Hazel xx

Kim said...

fabulous card as always Dawny! love the colours and details
Kim x

Debbie Dolphin said...

SOOO gorgeous Dawny and your standards are just perfect. So glad to be in this amazing team with you sweetie xxx
hugs
Debbie xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Dawny - love the layout and the colours very pretty. Hope you enjoyed your free afternoon crafting x Susan x

Ribbon Girl said...

Your card is beautiful Dawny! Mary G x

Mau xx said...

This is totally amazing Dawny, Your papers and detail are gorgeous, Love the stitching and tags... and everything....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Sandi said...

absolutely hugaable, hugs

shampylou30 said...

stunning card as always and the colours and layout you used are lovely sue xx