Saturday 28 June 2008


We are off to Wimbledon tomorrow - Pimms and strawberries and cream, what bliss xxx We have tickets for Monday (No 1 Court) and Richard said that according to the the forecast, we should hopefully be in for some nice weather!! Well that is the kiss of death isn't it, but we'll see lol xxx So just the one card tonight. I have based this on one of Katharinas fantastic sketches, which are just a joy to work with. The image is from Sally's new and completely fab download - pop over to her blog and check it out. I will be doing more from this download when I am back next week. She has added a section for customer cards so don't be shy, let her know if you use her stuff and she will put it in her gallery so we can all share in everyones wonderful work. And last but by no means least, I have used one of the beautiful pins that the awesomely talented Penny has made. She is selling these on her blog so pop over and check them out. My photo does not do them justice because they are absolutely stunning. The ribbon is from my stash and the blooms and buttons are from the lovely Mich at Poppicrafts. The sharp eyed amongst you will notice that there is something different about the colouring in, and that is because I have used my new set of Prisma pencils and I haven't quite got the hang of them yet, so I think that it has let this card down somewhat. I have to be honest and say that I prefer my watercolours and when I am back from SW19 I am going to re-do this card with them and compare the 2. Have a great weekend, and fingers crossed that the sun shines on Monday xxx

20 comments:

Stamp n Sparkle said...

FABULOUS card! LOVE the pin and love all the colours. You are so talented :D

Penny said...

Gorgeous Dawny, I love all the polka dots and thank-you for the link to my pins :) It looks fab on there!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Superbly stunning card - adore the colours and your creativity! Completely fab! Sally-Ann..x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Dawn, such a great colour combination. Have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

tracie said...

wow Dawny your card is fabulous hun, love the colour scheme and beautiful pins. Hope your having a fab day at Wimbledon :)x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dawn, love the colours, enjoy your strawberries and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you Jill x

Julie said...

fabulous girly card Dawny, have fun at Wimbledon

Katharina Frei said...

A gourgeous card Dawny. Love the embellishments and the doodling! Fun image too! Thanks for using one of my sketches!!

craft mad Jenny said...

what a great card, and love the image,

jenny

Lou Sims said...

Stunning card and love that hint of deep pink. You are right about those pins - simply adorable, off now to have a nosey . . . .

Dawn said...

Ooooh! I am so jealous, I would kill to go to wimbledon!! Watched it on TV today was Nadal playing on your court (Whfwooaahh)!!!!
Your card is so lovely and love all the details.
Hope you had a lovely day at SW19

Dawn

tracie said...

Hi Hun, I've left you a little pressie on my blog :)x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Love this card Dawny! Fab colours and I adore all the embellishments..stunning! x

debby4000 said...

Left award for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

You card is beautiful Dawny:)
Have a fab day:)x

Anonymous said...

I left you an award Dawny P You can find it on my blog:)x

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawny I hope you had an absolutely fab time at Wimbledon, I thought of you. How was the Pimms???? and how was the tennis?????
I will be interested to see the card done in your pastels....it is good to compare.....
Nice card and very different I must say.....

Wheezie said...

Stunning card.
I have a surprise for you on my blog !

http://wheeziesworld.blogspot.com/
x Wheezie x

Sharon Caudle said...

Love the color combo and all those polka dots Dawny!! And that pin is so awesome! I've just GOT to go have a look! Another great card!

Sandra said...

very nice!!!!