Tuesday 9 June 2015

One For The Boys : )

Good morning lovely peeps and I hope that you are OK today.
It’s another sunny day here in Chester and it’s so nice to wake up to this rather than rain and wind, although I will be moaning when it gets too hot lol.

So it’s time to head on over to the Papertake Weekly challenge and this weeks our theme is

Something For The Boys

and as father’s day is looming, we hope you find lots of inspiration over there cos the team have been busy busy.


So what did I do?

DSCN1438 copy_thumb[3]

I did this : )

I made the base card using the largest outside edge from the new Tonic Studios Topnote Trellis set.
I cut 2 out, made a little fold across the top of 1 of them, added some tape then stuck them together.

I then added some of the gorgeous new Lili of The Valley Sunny Side Up papers  and these were literally some scraps I had left over from the 2 other cards I’ve shared on here recently. Waste not want not!!!

The centre panel is made using one of the centre dies from the Tonic Studios Garland Fancy Idyllics set from Crafty Devils and the sentiment is from another Idyllics set – Delicate Drape. The Garland Fancy set is on offer at Crafty Devils at the moment so if you’ve been thinking about it, now’s your chance : )



Here’s a coupe of pics ….

DSCN1441 copy_thumb[3]

 

DSCN1442 copy_thumb[2]

Some beautiful Tonic Studios  Ebony Nuvo Crystal Drops ……

DSCN1439 copy_thumb[3]

…. some string, buttons and and lots of dimension, and it’s finished.

You could easily convert this into a girls card by swapping the papers, using ribbon rather than the string and using a different colour card for your base.


So that’s me done for and thank you for stopping by.


Have a lovely day and huggiest of hugs to all xx

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dawny, this is a great card. perfect for a big or little chap...I am a bit rubbish at bloke cards but I love how you have used shapes, layers and those gorgeous papers to make such a masculine card.
Sue...xxx

Sharon said...

Love this Dawny. Fabulous dies and design.
Hugs Sharon. x