Thursday 8 December 2011

3 Wee Trees & A Little Tutorial For You x

 

Hi there lovely peeps and firstly apologies for getting this on here late – I was here, there and everywhere yesterday and forgot to schedule the post.

But anyway we are here now and it’s time to see what’s happening over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week.
Our teamie
Joy has created the beautiful photomontage above which I think is gorgeous. There’s lots of inspiration there I think and thank you chick for making this for us to work with xxx

As always, there is a whopper of a  …..

… which this week’s winner can spend …

… right here.

Picture 002c copy

So this is my card.

The picture  has a really vintage feel to it but there’s also a few modern aspects as well so I tried to combine both!!

The little trees were ever so easy to make and here’s a quick tutorial to show you how I did them (and please excuse the not very awesome pics peeps!!)

I started with a piece of 6 x 6 paper (I used green card here so that you can see it easier) and this will make 2 trees.

Picture 001c copy

 

Picture 002c copy

 

 

Picture 003c copy

 

Picture 004c copy

 

Picture 006c copy

The tape overhanging the edges here was just to stop it curling up for the pic. Paper doesn't do this but card does.

OK, on with the tut …..

Picture 007c copy

 

Picture 008c copy

 

Picture 009c copy

All you have to do now is put some tape on the wrong side to hold it together and it’s all done :)

 Picture 007c copy

I inked the edges with some of Lord Timmie’s Tattered Rose Distress Ink and added a star and a ‘trunk’ and soem little pearls which were coloured with Copics.

The embossing folder was swiped with Distress Ink and then I added some glitter.
This pic doesn't show it but it glistens like ice.

Picture 003c copy

I printed the sentiment onto some Safmat – awesome stuff!!!

Picture 004c copy

 

And there it is done!!!

Stuff I used here is all from Simon Says Stamp and it was …

*Basic Grey WHITE 6 x 6 Paper Pad Cardstock 2568        *Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder SNOWFLAKES Provocraft       *Tim Holtz Distress Ink PAD TATTERED ROSE Pink Ranger      *Hero Arts 48 Count 3mm SMALL ACCENT PEARLS ch136

 

*Fiskars SCALLOP SENTIMENT Border Punch 02860 

*Letraset SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film 10pk 00026

Doing the clickie piccie thing  will take you straight to the right pace on the website :)

So we are all done.

I hope you find the tutorial helpful – it’s easier to show in pics than trying to explain it with my gobbledegook speak!!!

Have a fab day and I’ll see you soon.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

11 comments:

Tracey T said...

What a brilliant idea, Dawny! Your trees look fabulous xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) the tree's are fab and I will have to have a go making them ! I have also just popped some of the Safmat in my basket too :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Denise said...

OMG Dawn, this card is totally gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial too.
Denise xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Dawny and thanks for the the clever idea! The Safmat is clever isn't it. Mary G x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable card, Dawny! I love the tree template and the way the red embellies really POP against the white! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Annette Allen said...

WOW WEE that is so cool...I love your creativity...thanks for sharing..

craftymum said...

great tutorial Dawny
hugs Sarah x

June Nelson said...

These are fantastic Dawn thanks for the tut darl xxx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dawny and love those trees.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and thank you so much for the tutorial with pictures! I am totally going to make this tree...love it!