Saturday 4 April 2009

Sunny Saturday xxx

And Louis is back, cos I just love this little bear :))x

So I thought I'd use him again for this weeks Friday Sketchers Challenge which is a really lovely sketch by Heidi - I will use this one again without doubt, so thank you Heidi xxx.

Louis was coloured with the old faithfuls (PMs) and highlighted with some Glamour Dust (no surprises there then !!) I paper pieced the heart to pick up one of the background papers I used.

I used my MSBP which is now feeling much better!! Tracy at Dies To Die For did have some of these babies so it might be worth checking out the website cos if you haven't got one already, then you don't know what you've been missing lol xxxx

Those beautiful papers are from the Spring CD from Wild Rose Studios.

Now I have to tell you peeps, these papers are something else. I got this CD yesterday, and you know how much I loves me papers lol xx Well I was like a kid in a sweet shop looking through it. The colours are so soft and pretty and there is even a section of stuff for you to colour yourself so you will never be stuck again for co-ordinating paper.


Here's a close up of them - hopefully you can see them a bit better!!

The ribbon is from a past Raspberry Ribbons kit - it's so pretty (I love gingham).


The teeny tiny hearts are from my stash but I've had them for so long that I can't remember where they came from :((

We are having one of those beautiful Spring days here in Chester, so this afternoon we are all going to the zoo. My niece and her little boy are also going so we should have fun!! There is a new butterfly enclosure (not sure that is the right word, but you know what I mean!!) which I haven't seen. Emma saw it last time she went and said it was impressive, so I want to see that today.

We love Chester Zoo - I think it is without doubt one of the best zoos in the country. Richard worked there as a keeper many years ago so it like having our own personal guide when he comes with us!!

The only prob with the zoo on days like today is that it brings out the 'dad- in- sandals- and- vests' brigade!!! There are more amusing human sights sometimes than in any of the animal enclosures!!! I have to tell you that my fave is the 'dad- in- sandals- and- vests-with-dark-socks' look lol xxx It creases me every time!!! I can't understand how their wives let them go out like that lol xxxxx

Maybe they just don't like their hubbies very much and it is a sort of revenge thing!!!
Whatever it is, I love it!!!

Oohh we had some sad news yesterday.
One of Richard's oldest friends was burgled and these 'people' stole quite a few of his expensive birds (parrots and the likes). These were valuable birds but it isn't the monetary factor that is the issue. What got us is that whoever did this, broke into his aviaries and killed some of the birds that weren't deemed to be worth anything. They also let some go to fend for themselves, knowing they would stand little chance of survival. Can you believe that!!!!. This lovely man has spent years building up his collection and he is devastated.

He thinks he knows who did it because a few days before, 3 men drove onto his property (he has a farm) and when he asked them if he could help them, they said they thought it was a local recreation centre!!!! With hindsight they were probably sussing it all out. This is the second one of our friends to have been burgled recently. What a sad indictment of the times we are living in.

The recession has made some people desperate I guess, but I have real issues with people stealing from ordinary hard working and decent people like most of us are. It is so not fair. So peeps, please take extra care and make sure you are safe and secure. Lock everything and be extra aware, please please please. I hate being the bearer of doom and gloom but I would hate anyone to go through what our friends have been through.

On that 'cheery' note (sorry), I hope that whatever you are doing you will have a peaceful and enjoyable Saturday. If I get chance when we get back from the zoo, I may return with some more cardage, but if not, I'll see ya tomorra xxxxxxxx

19 comments:

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card hun and what fab papers ... must check it out!
How awful for your friend, that is absolutely disgusting what has happened and it saddens me so much to think how dreadful some people can be. I hpoe they find whoever did this terrible thing and that they are brought to justice.
I hope you have a lovely day today at the zoo hun, take your camera and get us some fab socks n sandals picks hahahahaha just love it .... hilarious!!!
-x-

Anonymous said...

Superduper cute hunnie, love it and the colours are delish!!
Have a great weekend!!
Hugs, Marlene x

ella bella said...

gorgeous card love those papers going to go and check them out now.
sorry to hear about your friend thats really awful and those poor birds, its really sad.
hope you have a lovely day at the zoo had to laugh at your comment on the men in vest and socks lol, so funny.
Tracy x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card as always...love those gorgeous papers and of course Louis is just the biz....have a lovely day at the zoo and what a terrible thing to happen to your friend....I'm afraid the world is full of low lifes.
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Donalda said...

Your card is just gorgeous dear and so love the papers you used hon.
So sorry to hear about your friend and yes this world is just not safe at times. At least your friend is okay.

Have a great time at the zoo dear

aardvarkpest said...

Fab card. I love the bear and the papers and colours are fab.Hope you enjoy the day at the zoo.

Glenda

Joey said...

Hiya Dawny, wow this is a gorgeous card, I just love it, soft colours and beautiful papers.x

lol haha dads in vests and sandals every year they come out the same way! So sorry to hear about your friend, I share the same view as you on the burgularies.

Joey.xx

Jill said...

Dawny this is gorgeous I love the image and those yummy papers, the colours are lovely and soft, have fun at the Zoo, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it, as no doubt your will have a wonderful funny tale to tell lol. So sorry about your friend there are some nasty people out there hugs Jill xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and the LO is lovely!

So sorry to hear about your friends awful experience. It's a sad time we live in when you can't enjoy something you've worked hard to build up and think that it will all be ok.
x

Dawn said...

Aww Dawny you're card is just fantastic and wow that CD looks great...
How terrible for your poor friend and those poor birdies too - it is horrific to think what will happen to them - I don't know what the world has become - lawless sometimes....

Hope you had a great time at the zoo

hugs
Dawn
xx

Caryn said...

What an absolute nightmare for your friend Dawn! I am so angry, what a horrible thing to do. Why kill the birds at all? It makes me sick that these people are walking around free.

On a lighter note, your card is stunning and the papers are so pretty. I like the little paper piced heart too, lovley touch.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sue said...

Aww Dawny what a gorgeous card hun, luv the colours, them papers are scrummy.
Im so sorry to hear of your friends burglary some evil folk about doin something like that, disgusting, words fail me, well they dont but i wouldnt want to be kicked outa blogland!!! B........ds.
Enjoy rest ya weekend hun, sue.x

helen said...

people that do things like that to defenceless animals make my blood boil, i hope they find who did this and sring em up, pmsl at the vest n sandals n socks look, hope ya had a good day at the zoo
hugs
helen x
ps love the card, he is soooo cute

Anonymous said...

Fab card Dawny...
Have a fabbie time at the Zoo..chickie..
sorry to hear about your friend...
`I got loads of staples at the ready` if ya nead any Grrrr!!!:)♥

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Kim, what a lovely image. Sorry to read about your friend.
Hugs
Carole x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, and hope you had a great day at the zoo and enjoyed the Butterfly Pavilon..at least that's what they call it here in NY.. and so sorry about you friend, what a shame.

Stacey said...

Gorgeous layout Dawny, love the paper combo ~♥~

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Dawny, so cute and lovely colours!
Clairex

Tasha said...

Beautiful card and love the papers!
Sad news about you friend! It is disgusting! Rich or poor stealing frm anyone is digraceful and there is abcsolutely no excuse! Its socieoties values! We as a society allow it to continue and we shouldnt!
I love zoos, i like longleat its awesome! My wish is to go on a saffari one day and see my fave animals (elephants) in a more natural habitat
love tasha xx