Monday 4 June 2012

The Wanderer Returns!!!

Hi there peeps and hope that you are all OK and enjoying the Jubilee Celebrations – even if the weather let us all down!!!.

It’s been a mad old week with one thing and another here – more in a sec!!

But it’s a day of firsts here today and the first ‘first’ is the brand new challenge over at The Ribbon Girl Blog – or rather it’s the first card I’ve done for the challenge.

This is going to be held on the first Sunday of the month and is going to be really popular I think  :)

To kick off the first one, we just want you to use ribbons and lace – it’s as simple as that. And there are some gorgeous cards to be seen from the DT so nip over and have a mooch if oy get a sec.

There’s a ….

…up for grabs, PLUS…. 

Ribbon Girl red ribbon kit, PLUS ……

… a stamp of your choice from Lili Of The Valley

It’s prize-tastic peeps!!!

Picture 001 copy

So this is my card for the challenge and I think you’ll agree that it is not at all like me ie there’s no image and it isn’t square.

I based this on the most gorgeous card I saw somewhere a while ago and it  was so fab that just stuck in my head.  I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it though, but I cased the layout from it so big ups to whoever that oh so clever girlie was  and if I find out whilst on me travels,  I will of course credit her cos it would be naughty not to.

The base is  made from kraft card and the pretty gingham is from the Nitwits Grin n Bear It collection. 

Picture 005 copy

The bow was made from 32mm Deep Rose Pink Pure Silk ribbon– pure gorge – and I topped it off with a button from …..

144326-mix_pearl

… this pack. Its a 10g pack of pearl buttons and every one of them fab.

The heart was cut using a Magnolia Heart Tag die and there’s the good old  Magnolia leaf and swirl die again – well the swirl bit at any rate!! Both are from Simon Says Stamp.

Picture 004 copy

I gathered up some 32mm Cream Fine Vintage Style Scallop Edge Flower Lace and then added a strip of Ivory Pleated 5/8" Satin Ribbon topped off with some of these…..

163415-sugar-and-spice-pearls

… sugar and spice pearls .

They are from The Ribbon Girl, as is all the ribbon and lace.

Picture 002 copy

The doily (or half a doily!!)  I have had for years – my mum gave them to me and she died in 2003 so that’s how long ago it was!!!

And of course, the sentiment was printed onto SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film which I got from Simon Says Stamp.

Picture 003 copy

So there we are, all done with my card for today.

You probably gathered that I have been AWOL for a week and if you read the last post on here, you probably guessed why. Well here she is, this is my second ‘first’ cos this is the first time she has appeared on here (it wont be the last I am sure of that).

Meet …….

photo3

… Thea Lauren (pronounced Tay-ah).

Awww, bless her – and she is so good as well. Kyla is being a wonderful big sister to her …..

New Image

… and is being such a good help to Mummy too (!!!).

You’ll have to excuse her tatty bed head here but this was the first bottle of the day and she hadn’t had time to brush it in her quest to help!!!! Oh don’t we all remember the un-brushed hair bit girls – or was that just me!!!

Anyway they are all OK and the baby is settling in well. It does seem strange having another baby around – even if she isn't around if you get my drift. With Kyla, she was here all the time and I realise now how lucky I was and what a privilege it was to have had such an input in her first few weeks of life – not to mention the next 4 years as well.

Best not leave Mum & Dad out had I!!!!

Dad & Thea 2dp         mummy cuddles

How well does my Emma look!! The  baby was not 2 days old on that pic and she looks amazing.

Right enough of the doting Grandma bit. I’m off to get some more bits and bobs done, including doing some work with the brand new LOTV release. I can’t give too much away, natch, but I will just say CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

But before I go, have you checked out ……

.. this over at the LOTV Ideas To Inspire Blog yet?

You only have one more day so if you haven’t already, nip over and have a look peeps – don’t miss out on this whatever you do!!

Right I’ll be off and will see you tomorrow.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant pictures Dawny! Big congrats to everyone and what a proud grandma! Love the card too!! xx

Dotty Jo said...

A gorgeous card AND some sweeeet baby pics - what a lovely post! Congratulations hun, Jo x

Tanya said...

Lovely card Dawny! I don't think I'd ever be able to master a card without an image lol. You did it fabulously though!

Your grand-daughters are just the cutest ever :)

Tags xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.
So wonderful photo,s So sweet.

Hugs Riet.xx

Brodders said...

Gorgeous card Dawny and even more gorgeous baby :) -Jane x

MagsB said...

What wonderful pictures! Many congratulations to the proud parents and Big Sister Kyla!

Such a great card, the lace and ribbon are fabulous!

love Mags B x

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful card, Dawny....very different, but still so feminine. I've Pinned it, ;)
Congrats on the beautiful new addition....she looks a little smasher!
I'm gettin' all broody 'cos our youngest and his wife just told us they are expecting their second....that's #18 for us...woohoo!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful pics and a gorgeous baby girl and big sister. Must be so nice for Emma to have Kyla's help :o)
Fab card too x

Dona said...

Fabulous pictures and beautiful family. You are a very lucky lady and talented. Great card.

Kim said...

You have every right to be a very proud granny! Your granddaughters are both so gorgeous & yes, your daughter looks fab just 2 days after giving birth! Congrats to all!
Kim x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Congratulations to all, what a beautiful baby. janex

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous photos -thanks for sharing (oh and your card is lovely too Dawny) Mary G x