Tuesday 28 September 2010

What WAS In That Box????? Plus Papertake Meets Pink Petticoat

Picture 003 copy

Phew, what a long title and there are LOTS of pics today so make yourselves comfy chicksters xxx

Firstly, hi lovely peeps and hope you are all OK.

I’ve been a bit lacking on the posting front due to a horrible cold that my dear little Kyla passed on to me. Well we have to take the rough with the smooth I suppose!! But before  we get to today’s card, remember my post here when I asked if you knew what was in the box?

Well I am obviously very predictable because the first peep that got it right was actually the first peep that guessed so Sonia my love, if you e-mail me I will arrange to get your flowers off to you pdq and hugest of apols for being so slooooooowww sorting it out.

Now before I do me post today I have to tell you that next week Papertake Weekly is 3!! So we are doing something a bit special so make a date in your diary to come and join us.

And today over at the challenge we have a little sketchie for you and here ….

#48

… is the very chap. It’s actually one of my faves this one

copy

And this is what I did with it.

This lovely little H&S girlie was stamped for me by my good friend who better remain nameless but she knows who she is xxx

I coloured her with Copics and I used these colours -

BV0000, BV00, BV02, E00, E21, E42, E50, R11, R20, V000, V12, V91

And of course these are available from Tracy at Dies To Die For, as is that gorgeous MS punch around the page eyelet lace punch.

paper

No guessing where these oh so pretty papers are form peeps?

Of course they are from the beautisimous Pink Petticoat and I used Stripes, Gingham and Pretty Little Hearts in ‘lovely’.

The ribbon was from my stash and the sweet little roses are from the one and only Wild Orchid Crafts

                            Picture 006 copy

Picture 005 copy

And 2 dimensional pics to finish.

OK so now I’m going to share something with you that I should have posted earlier in the week but my cold had other ideas.

Picture 005

This was the card I did for last weeks Pink Petticoat’s pretty pastels inspiration.

 

Picture 006

I used Wild Blossoms, Vintage Rose  and  one of the Sentiment Ribbons

Picture 007

I made the flowers using some of the solid papers which I just LOVE because they ensure that it all matches and co-ordinates beautifully.

And when you open the card up …….,

Picture 011

……. out they ‘pop’, all glittery and pretty.

This card is really easy to make and I did intend to do a little tutorial but I just haven’t felt well enough to sort it.

But here’s where you can see exactly how it’s done and it probably makes more sense than one of me tutorials would anyway!!!

So I hope that it inspires you to have a go. 

I think that this card would make a lovely Christmas card if you used shades of reds and golds and made the edges more pointy so that the flowers looked more like poinsettias.

Wow this is a long post today peeps and I hope that you are still with me lol xxx I’m off now to do something nice with red, black and white ribbons and I’ll see you soon if not sooner.

Have a great day and hugs to all xxx

17 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Dawny!! Gorgeous cards hon! LOVE the H&S card. That sketch is sooo awesome, and your card is fabulous! Love the colors and your coloring is always beautiful! Your pop up card is amazing! Hope you're feeling much better! Big get well hugs to you!
love, Sharon

PepPop said...

What a lovely card. I love her white freckles. Gorgeous! Jaqui x

Jane said...

Brilliant!!!

papertrails leaver said...

Hey Dawny! The card for this week's Papertake is so adorable! Love the purple's layered with different patterns. A fabulous card! Then I saw the second card you made and was owwing and awwwing over it! That is amazing! Love that you open it reveal those incredible flowers! Thanks for sharing how to makes these as well! Glad you are feeling better. :-) Amy

bcriminger said...

That card is so awesome! Might have to try pop up flowers today... I will link back if I do :)

Ruthie said...

Wow - please tell me you sped up the video!!! Loved it - great idea - and looks "doable" to!

Rx

Riet said...

So wonderful cards Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous cards dawny :-) I love the H&S one ,,, lovely and the pop up flowers are stunning ,,, love those !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

bcriminger said...

I tried the flowers (I linked back to your blog)! Here is my card:
http://joyfullycreative.blogspot.com/2010/09/beautiful-you.html

Loz said...

OMGosh! I thought your first card was gorgeous, all the purple and layers... but WOW! Those pop-out flowers are awesome! I love how they match your DP!

Anonymous said...

These are all simply
`Fabulous` Dawny..wonderful tutorial.great designs..TFI
Have a great Wednesday:)x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful cards Dawny, love the pop up card its brilliant.
luv
Debby

Kendra said...

Beautiful cards! I will have to try the flowers! Thanks for showing us how!

Hilde said...

WOW!!! Fabulous!!

Macpurp said...

sooooo pretty! both cards, thanks for the link
hope you are feeling better
love teen x

XxJULESxX said...

Oh my just gorgeous cards!!!and thanks for the tut the flowers look amazing!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny! The coloring on Tilda is awesome :)
Hope you're feeling better now!