Monday 20 October 2008

Frightful but Delightful .......

..................... is the challenge over at Papertake Weekly this week

Here's my pumpkin-tastic card lol xxx

I thought for a change I would get away from my usual 6 x 6 format, so I drew a pumpkin shape. Now, my dear old Mum was very gifted arty farty wise, but sadly, I did not inherit her awesome drawing ability. But I think you can tell what it is, just about!!
.

Tilda is from the new Fall Collection and I coloured her with PMs and gave her a hat!! This is from pc Crafter's Ooglie Googlies collection.

The spider???

Well the less said about that the better!!!
Now before you all tell me that spiders actually have 8 legs and not 6, I realised AFTER I had done the card. To be totally truthful, I realised AFTER Emma came in and kindly pointed it out to me (slap slap, el smarty pants!!).

So it is not anatomically accurate, but hey ho - blame it on artisic licence!!!

Thank you for all your good wishes for my demo on Thursday xxx. We had a fabulous evening I have to say. I am always just blown away at just how lovely crafters are. I met some really nice ladies, as well as catching up with some familiar faces. There was lots of totally yummy food and Bucks Fizz and wine ( sadly not for me cos I was driving) and a band, and everyone had a great time. There is another one planned for 27th November so if you are in the area, pop in. I believe there is going to be a very special guest making an appearance. No Kath, it isn't Tim Holz lol xxxx Although this fella does have a beard, but it is white, he is a good bit older and he usually wears a red suit!!!!

Ho Ho Ho lol xxxx

Finally, I just wanted to say a HUGE welcome to Blogland to my Poppicrafts team mare Sara. She is new to this blogging thing, but she has some gorgeous cardage on there already for you to feast your eyes on. Sara is the lady who won the Pink Petticoat Lots of Dots comp and her work is just stunning.

Have a great evening peeps. I am off to watch part 2 of Corrie. I KNEW that John boy had something to do with Rawsie going missing (ohh he's turned into a bad lad, that one - mind you, I for one was glad to see the flippin back of her). And Sawphie is being a naughty girl as well. Ooh its all good at the mo.

Love and hugs xxxxx

28 comments:

Macpurp said...

oh I love this!!
I love Halloween and witchy things all year round!!

enjoy corrie!

xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love your spooky creation Dawny and your pumpkin is fabulous, Tilda looks fab in her witchy hat and gorgeous colouring with your PM's, Hugs, Nikki x

Diane.W. said...

Great card,Dawny!!! Who's counting the spiders legs anyway,Eugh!!!! LOL :O)X

Sue Shaw said...

For what it's worth - I think you are very 'arty farty'!! (Ok...I'm ignoring the Spider in that statement)
Brilliant card....if only my 'fall stamps' had arrived..... :-( ...but I'm on the case!
Sue. x

Kath Stewart said...

Love your pumpkin mrs...it's better than I would have drawn it and ok your spider is a little legless..give him a break he's celebrating halloween...wish I could come to your next class...i bet it would be a blast
hugs
kath
xxxxx

Cheryl said...

I love the halloween card....so perfect......I have two scarecrows sitting on our front gate at the moment to amuse Riley and Poppi.....

Mr P and I love Corrie to.....so gooooood at the moment.....poor Liam......

Mrs Wonka said...

Maybe 2 legs are hiding? Fab Fab Fab card! I love it!

Mrs W x

Dawn said...

Hey Dawny
sounds like your demo night went down a treat - lucly ladies soaking up all that inspiration...
Well Love your pumpkin and poor spidey - two amputations in one go!!! ROFL
Seriously though it's such a great idea to draw a pumpkin and Tilda is beautiful all pro markered up!!!

Bad boy John and evil Tony Grrrr!!
Liam's a gonner the only eye candy on the whole show - DEAD!!

Hugs

Dawn
xx

Penny said...

What a fab shape!Love the whole thing....and I wouldn't have noticed the spider's legs if you hadn't mentioned it LOL!

de said...

This is SOOO cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee to cute, love it, TFS.

Rach said...

awesome Dawny, great pumpkin shape, a lot better than i could ever draw...your poor spider...lol...bless still looks brilliant even with his amputated legs..
hugs rachxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Cute card. Love the pumpkin shape idea. Kimx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a great card Dawny and so nice to see a shaped card, such a great novelty. Hugs Linda x

Sara said...

I think your blog is fantastic - and I love your cards. Thank you so much for your kind words in you last posting - it means a lot.

Sara x

carolann said...

Wow this is awesome hun great card well done xxxxx

Rach said...

Hi Dawny, just popping by to say thank you for joining in with the candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Pauline C said...

Brilliant card Dawny ... that spider would work for me cos it can't run so fast pmsl!! Glad your demo went well ... where is the next one exactly? Rawsie was clearly traumatised by her ordeal in Corrie ... it took her all of a minute to demand hobnobs and Heat magazine rofl!
Hugs
Pauline x

Sue said...

and this is very delightful ..just like you dawny:-)

sue
xx

Enfys said...

I love this Dawny, especially the limb challenged spider lol

CraftyC said...

Looks like a pumpkin to me Dawny!! A great card and cute image!!
Clairex

Andrea, said...

Wonderful card Dawny, I love the shape of it and of course the wonderful Tilda

Kim said...

Stunning card Dawn.

Beth said...

I love the pumpkin Dawny! And her little witches hat is cute! I'm glad you're demo night was fun! If I was closer, I'd pop along! xx

Murielle said...

I love your creation!!!
Beautiful details and colours.
Hugs, Mumur

Cindy Haffner said...

What a delight girl, I love it.

simplyfairies said...

Fabbiloso girlie......

Julie said...

I think six legs on a spider's got to be better than eight, orrible things! love your pumpkin shaped card how very talented you are.