Monday 24 June 2019

Back & White & Red & Gingham!!


Hello crafty friends.
Today I've sort of reverted to form, even down to my choice of colour!!

Mrs Predictable for sure.

And this is what I did.

I used  Polkadoodles Ula Be Beautiful which is available as a stamp from retailers, or if you can't wait, you can get her as a digi here






Now, those beautimous papers are actually Christmas papers from  the Country Christmas 6x6 paper pack. I got them ages ago and I've been dying to use them. They are fabulous quality and sooooo nice to look at and there are some in that pack that are not just for Christmas as well.

Swoooon.

I wanted to curl them a bit but didn't want the white back to show so I just  used a bit of the chopped off waste and stuck it on the back so you could see it once it curled - it looks like it's double sided paper now.

I found it best to curl, stick the waste paper on and then re-curl if that makes sense!!









You can maybe see the curly bits better in this pic.








I coloured her with the following Copics-

Skin - E0000, E00, E11, E13, R02, R05
Eyes - N3
Hair - E31, E35, E39, E50, R05
Hat - W00, W1, W3, W5, W7
Blooms - R02, R05, R14, R17, R27, R59, W00, W1
Leaves - YG00, YG01, YG03, YG95, YG97

 and I have to say that she is an absolute doddle to colour.

Can you see the white scratchy looking lines in her eyes?  I added some crystal glaze over her eyes once I'd coloured them and it's just the reflection. I also added some clear glitter on the blooms (I am such a glitter freak!!).

And that circle die is from the Stitched & Pierced Nested Circles die set.







Yes, oh yes you ARE :)
What a gorgeous sentiment.







I made a border using the little heart in the stamp set and added glitter on that as well. 
I like using the lovely little additions that come in these sets - they add a bit of interest. These would make a lovely frame I think.

So that's my card for today and hope you like it. 
See you soon and huggiest of crafty hugs, 
Dawny P xx





No comments: