Wednesday 15 March 2017

Old Meets New

 

 

DSCN1914un-copy_thumb2

Hello lovely crafty friends.

Today’s card is a mixture of old and new and this is just one of the many reasons I <3 using Tonic dies. They work together so well.

So …

 

DSCN1912w-copy_thumb3

 

… this is what I did.

I used the Tonic Studios - Dimensions - Window Box - Tangled Terrace set but rather than make a window box, I used the outside edge as a border die.

It’s such a pretty die and if you add a little drop of Tonic Studios Nuvo crystal drop collection - Gloss White, it looks like you’ve punched a hole along the scallops.

I really like how it looks : )

DSCN1913w-copy_thumb2

Look at that embossed detail on the border edges – that was just one pass and I didn’t even have to use the embossing mat.

So that’s the new and now for a walk down memory lane.

For the old I used Sew Pretty – Cherish The Moment Frame die set  - the largest outside edge – and I embossed it with the embossing folder from Tonic Studios - Idyllics Die & Emboss Set - Blossoms & Battens.

The sentiment is Tonic Studios Miniature Moments Die Thinking of You which I drop-shadowed using  Tonic Craft Perfect cardstock in white and Kraft

DSCN1911w-copy_thumb3

So that’s my card and I hope you like the mixture of old and new.

Thank you for stopping by today and crafty hugs to all xx

No comments: