Sunday 14 September 2014

Blooming Lovely Lili

Good morning  peeps and a very happy Sunday to everybody.

It’s time for another fabulous Lovely Lili challenge over at The Ribbon Girl blog and our theme is

Add Flowers

A blooming lovely challenge methinks : )

We have 2 fab prizes as well.
There’s a

and a

so hugest of thanks to The Ribbon Girl & Lili of The Valley 

If you get a sec, nip over and check out the blog – there’s some pretty darn tootin’ fab cardage to be seen : )

So …

... this is what I did – it’s a little bit different in that I didn't use any image.
But the papers are Lili of The Valley and they are the Country Meadow design – lovely and clean and fresh aren't they.

I used some beautimous goodies from The Ribbon Girl shop and they are -

38mm Parrot Green Faux Silk ribbon,

 25mm 'Amber' White Flat Polyester Fan Pattern Lace,

7mm Pale Lime No 6 Satin Ribbon,

40mm White Mulberry Daisy,

Bubble Gum Pink Small Plain Button)

Here’s a couple more close up pics ….

I got me a Tim Holtz Word Play die a while back and this is it’s first airing.
It won’t be the last I’m sure because I LOVE it.

I did the glitter pad thing again – it’s so addictive!!!

 

 

And that's the old card done.

It’s a bit of a sad day for me today because it’s 11 years today since my beloved Mum died. I cannot believe it’s been 11 years – I wonder sometimes how I have managed without her, I really do. But of course we do manage because life does and must go on.  And life is all about balance I think. In amongst the sadness, there’s been some wonderful things that have happened in my life in those last 11 years, things that I would have loved to have shared with her. First and foremost my beautiful grandchildren whom she would have adored as much as I do. And the crafty stuff as well – she would have loved it all. 

But sadly it wasn't to be.

We are off to Emma’s for lunch shortly (yayy, no cooking for me today)  and I will raise a little toast not only to my Mum but to all the mums out there as well. We do a great job if I do say so myself lol!!

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you are up to and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Hope you have a fabulous Sunday Dawny.

Love the fresh look of your lovely card - such pretty colours and I love the bling.

Toni xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a stunning design! I love how you've used the flowers, so unique and it looks fab. Thinking of you today - I'm sure your mum would have been so proud of the inspirational craft designer you've become! x
Rebecca.

Katrina Bufton said...


That's so pretty, love what you've done with the flowers x