Thursday 20 February 2014

Bit Mean With The Pics But I Really Like The Project!!!

 

Hi there possums and hope you are all ok today.

Please excuse the strange post title but I think I'm having a bit of a brain freeze cos it was the most imaginative thing I could come up with lol. That said, it's actually true - there aren't as many pics today and I do really like this project.

So here's another little something I took to sunny Peterborough last week - ooh it seems so long ago now.

 

Picture-024w

This came about quite by accident really.
I was having yet another one of me major craft room clear outs, like you do,  and I came across a box of chipboard stuff I'd forgotten I had so I thought I'd do a little Mother's Day plaque. I was quite pleased with the result and I'd forgotten how much fun this stuff is to work with.

The papers are once again from Lili of The Valley Baskets & Bunnies paper pad which will soon be on sale.

The colours are just beautimous :)

 

Picture-026w

There isn't a lot to this really - it's so easy to do .
I made the flowers up out of the papers but you could  use anything you had to hand I guess.

 

 

 Picture-025w

Time to fess up here.
I only had one 'M' and one 'U' so I had to use the negative from the 'M'. But I think it looked OK and possibly adds a bit more interest.

What d'ya think peeps?
What is it they say?
Necessity is the mother of invention. 
Well it was true in this case lol!!

 

Right it's another quickie again today - still not 100% but better than I was yesterday which is good.
Emma, Tim and the kids are moving in with us tomorrow while they sort out some jobs on their new house. It isn't 'new' new and needs some work doing to it but it will be fab once it's all done. So they are all in residence for a month or so  until it's sorted.  I am sooo looking forward to having my two little treasures about the place again, woohooooo :)

I'll be back tomorrow with something a bit special so till then, enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sorry to hear you are poorly, get better soon. Love this project, those new papers are a must have x

Loopylou. said...

ooooh I love it dawny and the M negative looks gorgeous. I love the little rolls of papers inside some of the flowers too,so sweet.
Huge hugs Lou xxx

Debra K. said...

Great creation Dawn! The negative M looks really good. It's a really good idea. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Have a great time with your family. Debra x

Malika said...

Love the layout, and the coulors

Malika

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So gorgeous. I love the negative M, it looks really effective. And the flowers are stunning!
Rebecca.

Sammy said...

I think it's fab, and using the negative works beautifully! I adore the colours too... Those papers look just gorgeous!
Hope you feel better soon, and if not, the little ones can just spoil you rotten with extra cuddles! :-) x

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's gorgeous Dawn! Get well soon. Lx

Unknown said...

Hiya Dawny, This is fabulous and the negative M adds a very creative touch, it looks great!
How lovely to have your family round you, enjoy xxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous plaque Dawny its fab x Susan x

Claire said...

What a great project hun, love the papers and fab colours. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Claire x

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful hanger .These papers are fab.Love it.Hope you're feeling brighter today.Big get well hugs Debbie x