Wednesday 17 July 2013

Nauti(cal) but Nice :)


Hello possums and hope you are all OK today - phew it's another scorcher!!!

It's that time of the week when we catch up with our friends in the US of A over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge  but vefore moving onto the new theme we have an announcement to make ,,,,

We've Moved ...

and here is our fab new logo ...

Please update your bookmarks with our new address
 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
and change the logo and link on your sidebar, if you have it on there :)

So our theme for this week's challenge  is

By The Sea

and this week the DT are showcasing Fancy Pants Products
You don't have to use them of course, but if you have them we would love to see them  :-)

And as always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

THANK YOU Heidi & Simon Says Stamp xxx

So what did I do then?

Picture-001web

I used Fancy Pants Down by The Shore 6" paper pad - perfect for this challenge.

And I just HAD to use one of my new Magnolia stamps  ...

Picture-007web

... and I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02
Hair – E31, E35, E39, E50
The rest – B0000, B000, B00, B12, B93, B95, B97, C00, C1, C3, C4, R02, R05, R17, R27. R59

I stuck it down onto a pretty circle  which was die cut using a Spellbinders BEADED CIRCLES Nestabilities and then did a bit of stitching around the image which quite  frankly scared me as it took me a while to colour he in and I was a tad nervous that I would go a bit wonky!!!

What a scaredy cat!!!!

BTW, if you get a sec do nip over and check out the DTY cardage because they are STUNNING. Not that they aren't always but this week I thought they were amazing :)

Picture-004web

I used 2 border dies here -  a Spellbinders A2 CURVED BORDERS 1 One Borderabilities Card Creator Die and a Spellbinders CLASSIC SCALLOP Edgeabilities Die.

You can probably tell but I LOVE these dies :)

Picture-005web

I decided that I'd layer up 4 sets of Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember™ RIBBON BANNER Craft Die S118. I stuck the navy, red and white ones together with glue, just offsetting them slightly ....

Picture-006web

... , and then added the pale blue one using foam pads.

Picture-002web

Picture-003web 

So that's me all done for today.

I will be back tomorrow with my Papertake card and apols for being late but time just ran away with me yesterday.

Have the best day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

 

10 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

I love this card! The image you used looks so good!

Sammy said...

Oh my, that is stunning! :-)

Lin said...

Just darling, except now you have me humming "On the gooooood ship Lollipop!" (she makes me think of Shirley Temple)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) Tilda looks so cute and I especially LOVE the banner ,,, that is way at the top of my wish list ! :-) Fab sewing too ! :-)

luv
Lols x x

Loopylou. said...

squeee! omg thats too cute Dawny!! I love it!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Sue said...

WOW!! Stunning card Dawny. I love the cute Tilda, gorgeous paper and wonderful layout.
hugs Sue xx

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Dawny, a stunning design and papers, Tilda is super cute and great details!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Dawny! Loving the Patriotic theme!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Dawny!! Love that sweet Tilda!!

hugs...

Unknown said...

I know someone who would absolutely lovvvvvvvvvveee this