Tuesday 13 October 2009

Papertake Spookly :)

Yes we've gone all 'spooky-doos' over at Papertake Weekly and we're inviting you to join us over at

The Dark Side

And as I said yesterday, we have someone verrry famous as our special guest and it is non other than Joanna Sheen!!!!
(yes Vic, you were so wrong, my lovely lol xxx.

Joanna has made a card for us, we have 2 brand new GDT peeps AND there's lots and lots of fabulous cardage to feast yer eyes on. So nip over and check it all out if you get a sec xxxx


I thought this fabulous image of Milly on her broomstick from the very wonderful Janet at Pink Gem was perfect!!!

The original image has little stars round it - you can see it here - but I cut her out cos I wanted it to look like she was flying.

Just a note to say that Pink Gem will be closing from 16th to 25th October so if you want any goodies, best get them now lovely peeps xxx

Naturally, I used PMs and lots of blingy Glamour Dust. And as Milly is a very special witch, I gave her a glittery frock.

I think she looks fabulous!!!!

I cut the bat our using the Cricut - shock horror, it has been used twice in as many weeks - and I stuck it on a piece of acetate so it sort of floated over the card. I wanted to make it look like it was flying round Milly.

I have to say that IRL you can hardly see the acetate but of course, awesome Annie here with her marvellous editing skills has made it really stand out.

The papers and sentiment are all from Pink Petticoat's Happy Hauntings collection. I am loving this collection - the papers and colours are stunning.

And BTW, have you seen the new PP Fairy Lights collection? Check it out here - it is just awesome, AND it is on offer :)))x

So there's the old card.

As Halloween is approaching and we will no doubt be inundated with all sorts of little horrors asking us if we want a trick or a treat, I wanted to make something to put the 'treats' in.

And then I remembered this tutuorial over at Liz's blog.

It's a little sour cream container.

They are just perfect I think. They are soooo easy peasy, they only take about 1 minute to make and you get 4 from a single piece of A4 card. You could really go to town decorating them but I've left this quite plain so you can see it better. I'm sure you all saw them when Liz first blogged them but I thought I'd put it on here anyway. I am going to make loads for Kyla to take to her nursery Halloween party to give to her little pals.

So that's me done for the day.

But before I go, I have to say the biggest CONGRATS to my lovely blog bud Marcea. She's only gone and got picked for Magnolia's Design Team - wooohoooooooo. You can read about it here. I have had the pleasure of meeting this sweet girlie and this could not have happened to a nicer person. I am THRILLED for ya sweet cheeks (I am also dead jealous as well lol xxx) but well done you xxxxx

Have the fabbiest of days and hugs to all xxx

16 comments:

trixi b said...

A fab creation Dawny! I just love the acetate used to make the bat stand off the card - how cool is that!
x

cheryl said...

this is brilliant hun love the bat and so much detail love it to bits hugs cheryl xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I love your card dawn, the effects are great and the pink gem image a real cutie. jane x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love this cute witch and she does look glam in her shimmery frock :-) I love the silver ribbon too ,, matches perfectly ! :-)

Thanks for inviting me as GD :-)

Luv
Lorraine x x

SallyB said...

gorgeous...gorgeous...everything! just gorgeous!!!

Marcea said...

Oooh this is gorgeous sweetie - I love it!!! Acetate .... what acetate rofl .... seriously though I do believe you lol!
Cute little carton too - hope you have kepy your goodytwoshoe fingers off the sweeties.
Finally mwah ,...... thats the great big kiss you are gonna get from me when I catch up with you again in a few weeks lovely lady - can't wait to see you
xxxxx

oops - mega wow at your special guest .... so impressed :o)
xxx

Loopylou. said...

oh dawny, she looks so cte, ilove the bat popping out from the rest of the card too and what witch wouldn't be happy with all that bling?!!!!xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, I* love your Halloween card.

Janet said...

Wow loving this Chuck....it's a stunner!!x

Tab said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the sweet image and the colours you have chosen are delish! Just love the little sour cream container too, so cute. I have not made one of these before, so gotta have a go they look so sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

Louby said...

Ooohh great card, just love Milly on her broomstick, love the fluttery bat, great idea. will have to have a go at the sour cream container thingy.
Louby x

Kath Stewart said...

what a stunner...love milly the witch...so cute and those papers are just delish...big hugs kath xxxxxx

Andrea, said...

Oh she is fab Dawny and far too cute to be scary! I love her blingy dress

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the sweet image and what a great idea of using acetate for the flying bat.
luv
Debby

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, Dawny!! She looks so wonderful flying amongst the stars! You're brilliant to float the bat on a piece of acetate!! Fabulous details! hugs!!

Kathy said...

Another adorable card!! I just love this one and all the shimmer is fabulous!! Also LOVE how you did your bat!! Very cool looking!
:)Kathy