Monday, 23 May 2011

Double This & Triple That!!!

Picture 008c copy

Morning lovely peeps xxx

Hope you are all OK  and it would seem that we are back to normal here now. I just about got my head sorted then I was hit with internet probs which are hopefully now resolved – technology is great when it works but when it doesn't,  grrrrr!!!!!! :(

I went into ‘Victor Meldrew with Tourettes’ mode for sure (it’s not big and it’s not clever Dawny!!!!!)

Why oh why oh why do we feel like our limbs have been cut off when we cannot connect to the outside world? I’m the same if I don't have me mobile clamped to me side but we all managed happily without all that stuff for years.

Anyhoos it’s Monday (boo, hiss) so time for another fab Wild Orchid Challenge (hooray, woohooo!!)

And this week we have a double prize giveaway which is ….

….. this fab goodie pack from Paul & Siri at Wild Orchid Crafts

and …..

Love to Stamp

…. from Love to Stamp we have this fab prize of two new exclusive stamps to another lucky entrant.

prize 1preize1

So that’s the double bit. The triple bit is part of our challenge which this week is

Embossed Layers

and we want to see either dry or heat embossing plus at least 3 layers of paper used :)

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did.

I’ve just got some new goodies in so I couldn't help using them plus yesterday I went to Aintree and got me some more bits and bobs that were just too good to say no to so they will make an appearance on here before long I am sure!!!

So I used this fab Tilda With Hawaii Flower which is available from the good folk over at the Simon Says Stamp Store, stamped her onto one of me new Reverse Wonky Rectangles Nesties which I got from Tracy at Dies To Die For  and coloured her with these Copics -

E00,E21, R11, R20 (skin) E33, E40,E50 (hair)  C1, E33,  E40, E41, E43, E50, E51, E53, RV00, RV85, Y21, TG21 (clothes etc)

The 3 different papers are all from Dies To Die For and are all Memory Box papers in Latte (I used Dots, Distressed Dots and Gingham)

Picture 005crop copy

And check out these BEAUTIFUL Wild Orchid Crafts blooms peeps.

I used  a 40mm trellis rose, a 20mm pale peach rose from the Classic Colour Range, some 10mm open roses and some sweetheart blossoms.

I swiped the blooms with a Versamark pad, added some pearl embossing powder and then heated it up. It gives a lovely subtle sheen to the edges of the petals …..

Picture 007c copy

… which you can see a little better on this pic but even so, IRL the effect is much nicer than I managed to capture with the camera. You could try it with different types of embossing powders and the long stems on the blooms means no burnt fingers – always a bonus :)

I also used some vintage seam binding – I did a triple bow -  some guipure lace and some pearlescent ivory head pins

Picture 003c copy        Picture 004c copy

Picture 005c copy

So that’s  me card all done – sorry for the trolley dash but I have tons to do today including 4 hourly feeds for some new baby chicks – awww!!!!. 

Don’t forget to nip over and check out the challenge chicksies and I’ll see you tomoz for a bit of PTW-ness.

Have a great day and hugs to all xxx

 

15 comments:

kath said...

gorgeous feast for the eyes on this dull and rainy Monday morning...been meaning to have a catch up..where does the time go...big hugs kath xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I have just ordered a wonky nestie ,,, can't wait for it to arrive !! :-)
Tilda is gorgeous and all the flowers and ribbon are just fantastic !! :-) ,, I love the triple bow :-)

Glad you have your internet back !! ,, we missed ya :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jane said...

What can I say...awesome !! xxx

~Emma~ said...

Morning my lovely! This has cheered me up no end today. Its beautiful and love the embossed flower...will have a go at that myself. Hope you're well babe.x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

lovely to have you back,love the card,so pretty,smashing colours and gorgeous flowers.janex

Chrissy said...

Super beautiful card.Gorgeous image and colouring, papers are devine.The whole package...perfect..
Luv CHRISSYxx

sandiblu said...

such a fresh and beautiful card Dawny. The colours are to die for, tilda is amazing and those flowers ... sublime !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

Margreet said...

this is a real treat for the eyes....really enjoyed your card!
xxx Margreet

craftymum said...

Hi Dawny
sorry not visited recently ( or sent you the card I promised!!!). Been very busy with various things recently.
Simply stunning card
Hugs sarah x

Frea said...

Hi Dawny, wow hun lovely card!! That soft peach combined perfectly with the beige brown colours. Hugs, Frea

Kim said...

Gorgeous Dawn, any tips on how to tie a triple bow?

yvon said...

This is so gorgeous Dawny. Love the colors and coloring, just beautiful.
Hugs, Yvon

shell said...

Gorjuss card Dawny...im lovin those new nesties mmmmmm i feel a spend comin on lol
Shell xx

shell said...

hey dawn it's me again, ive sent you a couple of emails about the lily of the valley gift bags i found in birkenhead did you get them?
Shell xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Dawny.
luv
debby