Monday, 25 April 2011

Finally ……..

Picture 044c copy copy

Hi peeps and I finally managed to get something posted on here.

I  cannot believe that BOTH of my scheduled posts worked OK but then I had probs posting my JM card and didn't have a lot of time to faff about, so I will do that later in the week.

Firstly before the cardage, I hoe that you all had a lovely Easter break – wasn't the weather just glorious!! London was baking hot but more in a sec.

It’s the start of a new week and usually I am feeling a bit deflated as it’s the first day back at work but I am on hol this week – woohoooo –so I don’t mind that it’s Monday :) So time to head on over and check out this week’s Wild Orchid Challenge and our theme this week is

White + 2 colours with a twist

so we want you to use white plus 2 other colours and the twist is that you must use or feature roses somewhere on your project either as an embellishment or on the papers/image. 

As always there is a fab prize …..

WOC - 21

…up for grabs which Paul & Siri at Wild Orchid Crafts have donated.

And …

Picture 039c copy copy

… this is what I did.

My 2 colours are peach and rust which I admit are not the colours I would normally go for BUT  my new WOC DT kit arrived and in it were  the most gorgeous blooms in those colours that I just had to use them.

I’m going to do the shopping list etc at the end for a change today :)

Picture 041c copy

Some of the long stem stamens were coloured with Copics to match the card

Picture 043c copy

as was the Vintage Seam Binding Ribbon which started out as beige.

Picture 040c copysent

The sentiment is actually cut from part of one of the papers and I thought it was quite nice :)

Picture 045copy123 copy

The self adhesive rhinestones were also coloured with Copics!!

Picture 040c copy copy

So the shopping list and info etc  is as follows -

Happy Tilda  - Simon Says Stamp Store and coloured with Copics in these colours -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E33, E40, E42, E50 (hair), E02, E08, E33, E35, E93, E95 (clothes etc).

Papers and sentiment – Nitwits Buds ‘n Blossoms

Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily Die Dies To Die For (this is due in April 25th)

Blooms etc are all from Wild Orchid Crafts are are -

40mm trellis rose, 20mm open roses,  15mm open roses, 10mm open roseship rosebuds, long stem stamens and self adhesive rhinestones 

Well we got back home very later on Thursday as the train was delayed due to some prob or other. We had reserved our seats on the train and there was very nearly a punch up on the table next to us because somebody had sat down in somebody else's reserved seat and didn't think he should move – oh dear!!!

We spent Friday recuperating from our very busy few days and we must have walked miles and miles!!! .

I do love going to  London but I am not sure that I could live there and Richard certainly couldn't as her is a real country boy and hates the hustle and bustle. But we packed loads in and I have to say that the Wizard of Oz was awesome, If you get the chance to go and see it peeps, do go because the effects are amazing. Kyla bless he got very upset at the end when Dorothy was saying goodbye to her friends – she was sobbing, awwww!!! She has seen the film more times than I care to remember (mainly cos we were watching it with her and I literally know every single line from it!!) and not once did she ever get upset. But the emotion of the day clearly got to her.

She has been really excited by the whole royal wedding thing  - they’ve been doing it at school - and there was a cardboard cut out of the happy couple and she wanted her pic taken with it ….

Picture 017copy

… crap pic really, quality wise,  but she is really happy with it.  I won’t go into too much detail but 2 of our relatives are actually going to the wedding (how jammy!!)  so Kyla will no doubt be wanting to know all the deets next time we see them!!!

She refused however to have her pic taken with either  the soldiers or the  horses at Horse Guards as she said she didn’t want the horses to poo all over her – what a strange kid!!!

We did the open top bus and river cruise things – very informative – and we watched Andrew Marr filming outside of St Pauls while we were having lunch in the steps which was quite interesting. It was something to do with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee we think.  We went into St Pauls and we lit a candle and she said a little prayer for her great Grandma and her great great Grandparents. It was very sweet until she asked God to look after her Mummy cos ‘she is so lovely and is prettier than Aunty Nikkie’ (ooops!!!)  and then asked if he, God, could cheer for Liverpool instead of Manchester United (that is  Emma and Richard’s doing I am sure!!)

It might not sound much but it was hectic and clearly I am crocking on more than I think cos I was exhausted!!!

So on that note his Lordship and I are off  for a bike ride as it is such a nice day. I’ll see you tomoz for a bit of PTW-ness and enjoy your bank hol and hugs to all xxx

8 comments:

Larisa said...

Very beautiful card))) Love all flowers you put on the top - this looks gorgerous)))
Well, the photo is so funny)) But I love it too)))
Hugs. Larisa xx

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just breath taking. I so love it all dear. Those colors are gorgeous too and those flowers and ribbon WOW !!!!!

Looks like you had a wonderful time dear and I know you so deserved it dear. Hugs my dear

Frea said...

Hi Dawny, love this pretty card, nice colour combo and gorgeous colouring. Hugs, Frea

Kellylouj said...

Beautiful card and glad you had a fab time in London.

Anne-Marie said...

Those colours are fabulous! Your cards are always so well thought out, and the results are beautiful. I'm worn out just reading about your whirlwind in London, lol!

cardmaking bird said...

It's a beautiful card - love the colours! So glad you all enjoyed your time in London - if you're ever here again and fancy visiting Greenwich, please drop me a line and I'd be happy to be your local guide!! Hugs, Marie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Dawny, what an adorable Tilda and beautiful details.
Sounds like an exciting few days.
luv
Debby

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Your card is gorgeous, your picture is amazing :O) I would love to see England....someday...everyday holds a possibility of a miracle!