Monday, 14 February 2011

Roses Are Red :)

Picture 007c copy 

Morning peeps and  Happy Valentine’s day xxx

I hope you got lots of cards and once again I am fearing for the back of our postie as he struggles up the path with all mine lol.!!

I jest of course cos me and Tricky Dicky are not exactly romantic types so we don’t bother with all that slushy stuff any more.  But we did have a nice meal yesterday courtesy of Mr Marks & Mr Spencer and their dine in menu - cheapskates that we are :)

So it’s the start of another week and we have a great sketch for you over at Wild Orchid Challenge

 

and it’s this beaut from our very own Bev and I LOVE it!!!

Natch we are sponsored by the fabby doodles

image

and check out the prize ……

prize

And .......

Picture 001c copy

...this is my card – not a pastel in sight as I thought I’d go for trad St Vals colours!!

I used this oh so sweet CC Designs  Sweetheart Birgitta which you can get from Tracy over at Dies To Die For. I haven’t used these images for ages and I forgot how cute they are.

As always they were coloured with Copics in these colours -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E42 E50 (hair) and C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, R05, R17, R27 (clothes etc)

Do you like her glittery tights :) ?

Picture 008c copy

Ohhh I could not stop once I started with the blooms today!!

Of course these are all available from Wild Orchid Crafts and I used the following blooms in this arrangement -

a 40mm curly wild rosepoppies, 20mm open roses, 10mm open roses, hip rosebuds, 6mm closed rosebuds, 4mm closed rosebuds and gypsophila stems

 

Picture 006c copy

I also used WOC  self adhesive rhinestones and self adhesive pearls

The ribbons were from my stash, the papers are Pink Petticoat and Monsieur Holtz’s scalloped die was on my desk and, well I couldn’t help meself really!!!

I bought meself a new one yesterday so I'm sure that will make an appearance at some point!!

Picture 003c copy   Picture 004c copy

Picture 005c copy

So that’s the card done.

Righty I am off to do some work so have a great week and I’ll see y’all tomorrow for a bit of Papertakey-ness.

Hugs to all xxx

7 comments:

yvon said...

What a stunning card, love it!! Love all the red and the flowers.
Hugs, Yvon

kath said...

lots of gorgeousness on this card dawny and I must be a bigger cheapskate than you...I dined out with MR M & MR S..Saturday and Sunday and now have 2 boxes of chocs to scoff...sending great big valentine hugs...kath xxx

petra,s cards said...

whow what a sweet card!!! i love the collors and the great ribbon!!!!
xx petra

sandiblu said...

WOWZA, this is stunning Dawny, the colour combo just pops !!!!!

hugs, sandiblu xx

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful!

would love a wee tutorial on how you make such pretty flower sprays for your cards.
love teen x

Sue said...

Hi Dawny
aww totally gorgeous card, strikin colour combo, beautiful papers & embelies, sue,x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Dawny this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby