Monday, 15 November 2010

Blue Christmas

 

im copy

Oh no sooner does Bing disappear then Elvis (or Shaky) pops up!!

So that is what will be going round my head today and once again no doubt yours now I mentioned it lol!!!

But anyway it's Monday – boooohooooo hissss -  but it isn't all bad cos we have a FAB theme for you over at the  Wild Orchid Challenge

which is

Blue Christmas

you might have guessed!!!

And there is as always some yummy  Wild Orchid Crafts candy to be had ….

WOC-10

… fabulous :)

Picture 002c copy 

So this is my card.

Now I’ll explain about the image choice  in a sec (ooops!!) but first, I’ll do my usual thing and tell you that I coloured her with Copics in -

Skin: E00, E21, R11, R20

Hair: E42, E50

Clothes: B0000m B00, B12

and I added some glitter detail and I also outlined her in glitter as well – you might just be able to pick it up from the top image pic.

The pretty papers are from Pink Petticoat and I used Gingham (my very fave cos it is DELISH)  and  Dotty Snowflakes and I also used my PATP eyelet lace punch  from Dies To Die For as well.

It is getting overworked of late, the poor thing.

Picture 003c

The super fab blooms are all from Wild Orchid Crafts of course and I used the following on this card -

Hellebores (white but I edged it with me Copic pen), 20mm open roses , 10mm open roses, 6mm closed rosebuds, and baby blue gypsophila.

Picture 004c                 Picture 005c copy

The sentiment  I used is one of the Pink Petticoat sentiment ribbons – I sort of bevelled it a bit to give it some dimension

Picture 006c

And there you go – all done.

Now about this image!!!

I think I might have had a rather dozy moment again and to be honest I haven't had THAT many lately, so one was probably overdue. I recently took ownership of some H&S stamps cos a good friend of mine very kindly bought them for me and posted them across to me. I packed them away all in one folder ready for use.

That was a few weeks ago so fast forward to Friday now.

I’d already decided that I was going to use one of the H&S stamps and got out my collection and chose  the image after much deliberation – how can you choose between them cos they are all so hotdamn cute.  So I made the card and sat back with a bit of a smug smirk on my face cos I was not unpleased with how it turned out.

Until yesterday.

I had my  usual Sunday houseful and my eldest picked up the box with all the cards I’ve made recently and was mooching though it and she saw this one and said ‘ Mother, why have you used a Summer image on this Christmas card?’

My response is actually unprintable but it involved  lots of Anglo Saxon words and blasphemy, and on a Sunday as well, cry cry and hangs head in shame. I wanted soooo much to do a nice one for the challenge because I had a bit of a disaster re the last one.

Well it was too late to change it then and I can honestly say that I didn't click even as I was colouring in her SHORTS AND SHORT SLEEVED SUMMER FROCK Dawny!!!!!

What a dozy dippy trout!!

So now  I am looking for someone in Australia to send it to.

So on that sorry note I am off for a lie down in a darkened room. Have a great day and see you tomorrow and hopefully I might get the next one right.

Hugs to all xxxx

PS – if you get a sec, nip over and check out the DTDF website – here’s the link – cos I’ve put a sweet little something on there with making up instructions as well.

And I don’t think there are any boo boos either :)x

15 comments:

Diane said...

I think it's gorgeous, Dawny and hadn't even thought about the implications of the short sleeves etc. until I read your little tale! Ain't daughters the greatest?!!
Diane x

Jane said...

I love that your cards are always fresh & clean with great colours...inspiration every day...thankyou!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Pinky, wonderful sweet image. After reading your post had to have another look, never occured to me she was in short sleeves, I was thinking how cute it was and loved the Christmas banner.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

Absolutely fabulous! Perhaps she's an Australian girl!!! Hugs x

cardmaking bird said...

Awww, Dawny. I really don't think it matters - it's still super cute!! Marie x

Tracey T said...

Whatever she's wearing, it's still a lovely card! Tracey T x

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

delightful!! love it xx

xGemmax said...

Absolutely stunning hunni, image is sooo adorable and beautiful colours :o)
hugs and xxx

Highland Monkey's said...

That is such a lovely card. I love the colour.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Dawny!

sandiblu said...

goooooorjuss card dawny. i too love the pink petticoat papers and use them such a lot esxpecially the gingham and dots.
i thought she was in her 'jamas on christmas morning !!!!!
hugs sandiblu xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh hon...you are MUCH too hard on yourself! First I LOVE the card! The colors are beautiful and she's an absolute cutie patootie! But there are places in the states that are nice and warm for Christmas too. Southern California, Southern Florida, and lots of places in between. Gosh, even Hawaii! So see....not everyone is wrapped up in mittens and fur for the holidays! So you can quit cursing and feel great about your card cause it's gorgeous!
hugs, Sharon

SassyCricut said...

The card is so beautiful that honestly I've gone on your blog about 6 times looked at the card and not even noticed what she was wearing... Its just so gorgeous that it did not even matter.. GREAT JOB on it..

Heather said...

gorgeous card and heck she could be in her pj's if you prefer that?! :D