Monday, 12 July 2010

Our First WOC Challenge :)

 

Picture 013 copy

And I’m gutted cos I’m not here. Well I am in spirit, so I guess that’s OK :)

So for our very first  Wild Orchid Craft challenge, well it has to be

Say It With Flowers

I just KNOW that this challenge is going to do well and we already have lots of followers.  We cannot wait to see everybody's creations.

Picture 007 copy

And this one is mine.

I wanted my card to be a bit different so I went with much bolder colours than I normally use. The sweet  little Hanglar girl was coloured with Copics in the following colours -

E00, E21, E33, E42, E50, G21, G94, G99, R11, R17, R20, R46

blooms1

These are  the reason for my colour choice.

The minute I saw these red blooms, I was just itching to use them because they are heavenly, they really are.  The blooms I used here are

 35mm large red Wild roses, 20mm ivory open roses, 25mm white hybrid tea roses and 8mm semi open ivory rose buds

Of course they are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and clicking on the name will take you to the right place on the website :)

bow

This ribbon is just gorgeous peeps.

It’s 25mm red organza and this pic does not do it justice. I am sooo going to use this on my Christmas cards this year.

The gorgeous  papers are …..

*NEW* So Sophie - In Love - Splendid Surroundings

The new  My Minds Eye So Sophie - In Love - Splendid Surroundings 

and

*NEW* So Sophie - Never Enough - Daring Dot

The new My Minds Eye So Sophie -  Never Enough - Daring Dot 

and both are available  from Tracey at Dies To Die For

Picture 011 copy

And that’s my card done.

I THINK this is my last scheduled post so I am hoping that it’s worked OK (you can never tell with me!!!) Next time I’m here I will be back from the old mini-jollies, probably sunburnt (cos I never seem to learn), and hopefully without too many mishaps to report. And hopefully without putting back on too much of the 16lbs I lost.

Enjoy the challenge and using your blooms and have a great day.

Huggiest of flowery hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Miria said...

Oh, Dawny, this card is so cute: I like the colours, the stamp and the flowers. Enjoy your holiday! Hugs. Miria

Jane said...

Beautiful as ever...wish I could do ribbons!! Any instructions or tutorials you can recommend hugely appreciated! Mine are rubbish!!!

HazelQ said...

Beautiful card Dawny, those papers look fabulous!
Hugs
Hazel

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Such a wonderful card!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Dawn, This is so lovely. I love the stamp and the red roses. Beautiful card! Hugs!

Kim said...

Dawny this is stunning girl! I absolutely love your flowery Hanglar card! The bold colors are gorgeous!!! Beautiful hun! hope you are having a fantastic vacation! Happy WOC debut day!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous card in bright, lovely colours! Love the beautiful flowers and ribbon :)

Have a great day, sweetie!
Hugs, Lena

April Rose said...

This is beautiful--I love the bright colors, gorgeous papers and adorable image! The roses are perfectly arranged!
Hugs,
April

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Gorgeous Dawny! Love the papers as well as the layout. So nice how this sweet image is sitting at the ribbon.

Liefs, Renata

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Dawny.
luv
Debby

Diane said...

I love the colours you've used, Dawny! You've made a lovely card.
Diane x

Macpurp said...

well done on the loss of 16lbs!!!
hope you have a fab holiday!


this is a beautiful card! love teen x