Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Mmmmmm, Chocolate & Lace :)

im

Hi peeps and hope all is good with everyone xxx

This should have appeared on Monday so it’s my better late than never card. Oohhhh what a trauma I had with it - it was just one of many traumas that day I can tell you!!!

So PC probs yet again meant that I was very verry late getting it over to Bev who was just wonderful about it (thank you sweetie xxx) and hugest of apols to her and the rest of the DT.

But it’s sorted now, so here’s my card for the fabulous  Wild Orchid Craft challenge which is

Lovely Lace

No Copics were harmed during the making of this card – I did the cheaty thing again and used one of the awesomely fab die cuts from the equally awesome Lili Of The Valley – and why not!!!!

Picture 001 copy

I agree, lace is just awesome stuff and I cannot stop using it at the mo.

lace

Especially when it’s as pretty as this.

This is one of the  newbies from Paul & Siri and Wild Orchid Crafts and it’s  Guipure lace. It’s 5cm wide and is just beautiful ….

Picture 004 copy 

… as are these gorgeous blooms which are also from Wild Orchid Crafts – natch :)

There is a really fab tutorial that our Mindy has done over at the Wild Orchid Crafts blog which shows you how to assemble clusters of flowers - you can see it here . That girl is sooo talented!!

Picture 005 copy

I made a pattern using some of the WOC pearls which you can see here peeps. And the lovely choccie spotty paper is of course a bit of Pink Petticoat yumminess :)  These are not my usual colours at all,  but I have to say that I really like how it turned out.

It’s another shortie here today peeps as I have housework to do, stuff to get ready for a class on Friday and I need to make a dent in the paper mountain on my desk – grrrr!!

Now where is that brush lol !!!

So on that note I better get to it. Any tips peeps on how to cram a quarts worth of jobs into a pint pot sized day? I just wondered when I typed that if there is now a metric equivalent – how sad am I at times!!!!!.

Have a great day and see ya soon if not sooner, and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

16 comments:

Anne said...

Only one word for it Dawny - STUNNING. Hugs x

Aussie Loz said...

Hi Dawny, love the delicious chocolate and white combo... could just eat it up!! Sweet image, love the pearls ♥

sandra said...

I love it!
Image is sooooo sweet!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jane said...

I'm looking at all this lace & thinking of all those lacey net curtains that folk have binned over the years...I could have made a fortune recycling!! Oh well, wonder if anyone I know still has nets? Just the most beautiful card with scrummy chocolate colours - Gorge'!! XX

Little K Smith said...

Oh a totally gorgeous card Dawny, just adore the colour combo. Sweet image and so delicately coloured, gorgeous lace and flowers too. Oh and fab dotty paper! Perfect!
Kelly.x

Danni said...

This is so darling!

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colour combo and the pink petitcoat papers, may have to get some of those; more stash then! Sweet little picture too.

Nicola

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Worth the wait Dawn, it's gorgeous, but it definately will not fit the envelop with all that pretty detail.Love the colour scheme. janex

Mags said...

No Copics were harmed during the making of this card

LOLS!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Such a sweet image, and the colours look so good together! The lace is fab!

same ole scrap said...

LOVE THE IMAGE...IS THAT A DIGI OR A STAMP...AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT? THANK YOU

same ole scrap said...

I love the card and the image...is that a digi or a stamp? Would love to know where I can get it...thanks

theCook said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Love all that chocolate!

Marion said...

Just stunning Dawny. Love it and that lace is to die for.
Marion

Stacey said...

Scrummy yummy lovely lady! Gorgeous layout and those blooms look fabulous dah-ling! ~x~

Crafty gal said...

Hi Dawny,
I love these colours..and the lace is sooo pretty I just love the LOTV images ..very sweet.
Judith xxx

Christiana said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love how you went with the chocolatey brown theme. I've never seen anyone color this image like you've done. So unique and clever. I really, really love it!